Monday 10 August 2015

The Hidden Wonder












Something completely surreal for me is visiting one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, something I’ve had on my bucket list for ages and finally got the opportunity to see one of them, Machu Picchu. I have no words to explain exactly the feeling of seeing something so unusual and beautiful. The architecture of Machu Picchu is amazing and the history of the Incas is very interesting. Unfortunately the pictures do not make justice. Only few places have made me loose my breath and this was certainly one of them. The experience is unforgettable!!

The train ride in the Peru Rail Vista Dome, from Cusco to Machu Picchu was very pleasant and the sights were filled with green, water and blue sky, with windows placed at the roof of the train you might not even take a nap, just to enjoy the scenery. After the train I took the bus to get to the entrance of Machu Picchu. Well… that was challenging, because the roads are very narrow and going in zig-zag, the size of the busses also don’t help.

The Inca trail goes all the way up the stairs at Huayna Picchu, the stairs are very narrow and small, going up might be tiring, but going down the stairs might not be a very good experience for people that suffer from dizziness. It’s a real challenge. I did not go up the stairs to Huayna Picchu, but for those that are brave enough the reward must be amazing just because of the view of this amazing wonder. Nature is definitely present in Machu Picchu, and you can find all sorts of wild life. The history and their beliefs are also present in the architecture of Machu Picchu specially the puma, the snake and the condor hierarchy.


Entering the site makes your imagination travel back to the past wondering how it was all built and thought of during the Inca days. Men transporting huge stones through the mountains, to build one of the most important spots in the history of mankind. Well, something they did not anticipate, for sure. But I must say, they made history in less than one century and left their footprint on earth.


If you want to check out more of my adventures in Soutn America and my tips, then you should check the post from when I was in Puno

Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment